Kanna, which is also known as Canna and the Sceletium Tortuosum, is a succulent. This one is native to South Africa and people often call it a pretty plant, which has green leaves along with yellow and white flowers, however, this one has a lot of benefits on the body as well if used properly and many people just want to know the effects of kanna.
A lot of people have no idea what this plant is actually about, but the good thing is that we are here and below, we have listed down almost every single thing that you need to know about Kanna, what its effects are and how it can help you out.
The Effects Of Kanna On Our Body
Here are some of the good effects that the Kanna supplement has on our body if taken accordingly:
- Helps ease anxiety
- Promotes pain relief
- Reduced stress
- Improves brain function
- Helps combat depression
While a lot of people do not believe in the health benefits that this plant has to offer, the good thing is that science is there to back it out.
Studies That Prove Kanna Is Beneficial For Humans
Here are some of the many scientific studies that have proved that Kanna has a lot of amazing benefits on humans:
- Proof-of-Concept Randomized Controlled Study of Cognition Effects of the Proprietary Extract Sceletium tortuosum
- Electropharmacogram of Sceletium tortuosum extract based on spectral local field power in conscious freely moving rats
- Effects of Sceletium tortuosum in rats
- Modulation of glucocorticoid, mineralocorticoid and androgen production in H295 cells by Trimesemine™, a mesembrine-rich Sceletium extract
- The effects of Sceletium tortuosum in an in vivo model of psychological stress
- Acute Effects of Sceletium tortuosum (Zembrin), a Dual 5-HT Reuptake and PDE4 Inhibitor, in the Human Amygdala and its Connection to the Hypothalamus
How Is Kanna Taken?
If you are planning to take Kanna on a regular basis in order to get some of the many benefits that it has to offer, you can start taking them in the form of:
- As a tea
- Fluid tincture
- Easy-to-swallow capsule
- In loose powder
- Dried herb form
Please do note that these are just some of the many forms that the Kanna is currently available in.
Benefits Of Kanna
Here are some of the good benefits of Kanna:
- Enhanced mood
- Heightened mood
- Less tense
- Less stressed
- Slightly energetic
- More focused
- More socially in-tune with others
- Less self-conscious
- More sensitive to touch
When taken as tea, in capsule form or loose powder on a regular basis, you can experience benefits such as less tense, less stressed, more energetic, more focused, less self-conscious, more sensitive to touch and happier when compared to other people. To prove the points that we have made, we have listed down some of the many studies that there are about the Kanna.
Do you think we missed out anything important about the effects of Kanna in the article that we made above? Let us know what we missed out by leaving a comment in the comments section below!