Low code development platforms are gaining momentum. Today, companies are coming up with innovative technologies to build software products. Low code software development is one of the emerging ways to create unique solutions.
The biggest benefit of low code software development platforms is the speed of development. Enterprises can quickly build applications and achieve a competitive advantage by releasing the application much faster than others.
Let us look at some more advantages of low code platforms.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Low Code Software Development
There’s no denying the fact that companies need to innovate continuously to stay relevant in the market. Building apps from scratch may take more time, money, and effort. It could lead to backtracking the company’s market share.
Some of the benefits of a low-code software development platform include the following –
- Affordable app development as there is no need to hire a team of experts who will charge based on the time taken to develop the app. (low code is much faster)
- Low code platforms are extremely easy to use. They don’t require learning complex programming languages to build the software.
- There’s less margin of error and easier debugging with low code platforms. They are not prone to coding errors made by humans.
- Since low code leads to faster development, it increases the production of apps twofold. Companies can quickly launch new versions of the app in no time.
- Low code software development platforms offer easy maintenance of applications. There are in-built features to maintain and modify the application with ease.
Now let us look at some of the top low code platforms that enterprises can use for application development.
Top Low Code Software Development Platforms Enterprises Can Use
Today, there are hundreds of low code development platforms that enterprises can use. These platforms provide a faster, easier, and more seamless way to create software solutions.
Here are some of the top low code platforms for creating customized software:
- Visual LANSA:
- One of the most effective platforms for creating enterprise apps, Visual LANSA improves productivity while creating applications. It offers extensive testing and deployment controls. Developers can write code inside the IDE, which enables them to easily make changes while coding.
- Visual LANSA enables developers to create applications much faster than traditional coding methods. This is the only platform that runs with IBMi, Windows, and the web.
- Comprising native deployment tools and integration options, Appian is an amazing no-code development tool for the software development process.
- The solution allows integration with DevOps tools like Jenkins. Appian is a wonderful platform for creating business process management applications.
- Such applications assist businesses with optimizing their processes and achieving maximum efficiency. Appian also has a set of in-built features that offer security and scalability to the web application.
- Microsoft PowerApps:
- Probably the best low code software development tools, Microsoft PowerApps offers everything enterprises need to create high-quality software. It has a drag-and-drop interface that enables developers to add features using pre-built components.
- PowerApps works seamlessly with data from a range of sources, including Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Azure SQL.
- PowerApps offers a consistent look and feel on every device, making it easier for all users to seamlessly navigate through the app across all devices.
- A low-code software development platform, Quixy is a cloud-based no-code development platform. It is useful to create enterprise-grade web applications to automate workflows and simplify operations.
- Quixy has a rich user interface with a drag-and-drop tool for creating applications. Ready-to-use connectors, Webhooks, and API Integrations allow developers to seamlessly integrate third-party applications with the platform. Quixy also provides the option to export data in various formats and offers a live actionable dashboard and reports.
- Zoho Creator:
- A big name in the industry, Zoho has an amazing low-code software development tool known as the Zoho Creator. It is a drag-and-drop interface-based tool for businesses to quickly develop applications without comprehensive coding knowledge.
- The platform has built-in features and functions, which essentially make it a no code platform for creating applications. One of the best things is that it offers seamless integration with other Zoho products.
- Quick Base:
- One of the best low code software development tools is Quick Base. The platform enables cloud-based application development. It is one of the most widely recognized low code development platforms.
- Its automated processes help achieve maximum efficiency and reduce workloads, so that team members focus on achieving important business goals. Quick Base is an excellent choice for CRM solutions. It offers excellent support to developers during and after the process.
- Mendix is a choice of low code platform by a lot of companies. It is a useful tool for any premium software development company that offers low code application development. With Mendix, developers can create applications in the browser and code only if there is a need to.
- It follows a mobile-driven approach making the application seamless and user-friendly. With Mendix, applications can be developed on-premise or on the cloud.
- Salesforce Platform:
- Salesforce Platform is a unique low-code platform that delivers the scalability and adaptability of an enterprise-grade application with the speed, flexibility, and simplicity of a SaaS solution. It has an intelligent desktop and mobile app builder. Developers can create applications that deliver personalized value and experience to users.
- Salesforce Platform allows developers to quickly develop and deploy applications. Along with its drag-and-drop interface, the platform comes with pre-built components for integrations.
- A seamless low code software development tool, Bubble offers amazing capabilities to create feature-rich enterprise and web applications. Furthermore, developers can visually set up the app logic to properly identify what happens on each screen as users navigate the application.
Today, low code/no code software development platforms are key in improving the speed of the development process. Enterprises that need quick web apps and prototypes should definitely opt for low code platform services offered by an enterprise software development company. Depending upon the requirements, companies can go through the above list of low code software development tools and choose the best one for their application.
Shardul has been in the tech industry for over 18 years. He has worked with some of the global leaders like Mastercard, CIGNEX, and others. Today, Shardul stands as the CEO and Cofounder of Tntra – a global innovation ecosystem that provides product engineering services. He also serves as the CEO of BoTree Technologies, a leading software development company. He is enthusiastic about the latest innovations in the software industry and writes extensively to guide businesses & engineers for making better development decisions.