Are you someone who likes to work in well-lit areas? Or maybe you just prefer a lighter background when you’re browsing the internet. Whatever the case may be, you can easily turn off dark mode on Google. Here’s how:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
2. Hover over “More tools” and then click on “Extensions.”
3. Find the extension called “Dark Mode for Google” and click on the toggle to disable it.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully turned off dark mode on Google.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Dark Mode on Google
If you’re not a fan of Dark Mode on Google, you can easily disable it. Here’s how:
- Open the Google app on your device.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Turn off the toggle for Dark Mode.
And that’s all there is to it! Dark Mode will now be disabled across all of Google’s apps on your device.
How to Change Back to Light Mode on Google
Whether you’re using Chrome, YouTube, or another Google product, you can usually find a way to change the theme from light to dark. In some cases, you’ll need to be signed in to your Google Account to see the option.
Here’s how to change your theme on various Google products:
Chrome: In the upper-right corner of the browser, click More Settings. At the bottom of the page, click Themes. Under “Available themes,” click the light or dark theme.
YouTube: On the left side of the YouTube homepage, click your profile picture. In the drop-down menu, click Dark theme.
Gmail: In the top-right corner of Gmail, click the gear icon. In the drop-down menu, click Themes. Under “Choose your own theme,” click the light or dark theme.
If you’re using another Google product and can’t find the option to change the theme, try searching the product’s Help Center for “change theme” or “dark theme.”