GATE 2023 – Exam Dates, Syllabus, Pattern, Preparation Tips & Eligibility Criteria

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an important examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) for admission to various master’s programs in engineering. The entrance test is conducted only once a year in an online computer-based mode.

For those seeking MTech admission, GATE is the best way to land your dream institution for continuing your postgraduate studies. All the reputed universities and colleges in India accept GATE scores for their engineering postgraduate admissions. 

As GATE 2023 is all set to be conducted in the first week of February, let’s go through the important dates, patterns, syllabus, and preparation tips to help you ace the examination. 

GATE 2023- Exam date

GATE 2023 is scheduled to be conducted on February 04, 05, 11, and 12 by IIT Kanpur across different centres in the country. The examination is conducted for 29 papers. The admit cards for the same will be released on January 03 on the official website. 

GATE 2023- Eligibility criteria

It is important to understand the eligibility criteria before sitting for the examination. Any deviance from this will lead to the cancellation of candidature which prevents you from writing the exam. Listed below are the eligibility criteria:

  • Students residing in India or abroad can attend the examination.
  • There is no age limit for appearing in GATE.
  • Students must have qualified for an undergraduate degree course in engineering from any recognised institution.

GATE 2023- Exam pattern

GATE is an online computer-based test conducted for a duration of three hours. There will be a total of 65 questions which totals 100 marks. GATE is held for 29 papers and the types of questions will be different for different papers.

However, the paper will consist of multiple-choice questions, multiple-select questions, and numerical answer-type questions. For engineering papers, there will be a general aptitude section, an engineering mathematics section, and a specific subject section. 

GATE 2023- Syllabus

IIT Kanpur, the organising body, has released the syllabus for all 29 papers on the official website. The question paper is generally divided into general aptitude and core subject sections. General aptitude carries 15% weightage and the rest 85%. The general aptitude sections test your verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, analytical aptitude, and spatial aptitude. 

For some papers, engineering mathematics holds 13 to 15% weightage in the question paper. This tests your knowledge of various mathematical methods largely used in engineering. 

The core subject carries the maximum weightage whose detailed syllabus can be accessed from the official website.

GATE 2023- Preparation

The best way to get ready for any entrance examination is to understand the syllabus thoroughly and go through important topics accordingly. Solving previous year’s question papers will also give you an idea about the question pattern, important portions, and time management techniques. You must also remember not to leave difficult topics to the last as it may increase stress and take up a lot of your time and energy. 

Prepare and attend well to grab your seat for your favourite engineering course.

Comments are closed.

سایت شرط بندی معتبر ایرانی

سایت های پیش بینی ایرانی

شرط کده


بهترین سایت های پیش بینی

شرط برو

جسوس بت

سایت های پوکر آنلاین

ایران بت

انجمن پیش بینی ایران





sekabet giriş








betting sites of tanzania






مل بت


slot gacor

slot joker6969 deposit pulsa

daftar joker6969

slot gacor deposit pulsa

slot online gacor

slot gacor

daftar slot gacor

slot joker6969