Table of Contents
BE Full Form- Bachelors of Engineering
The full form of BE is Bachelor of Engineering. As it is clear from its name that it is an engineer’s degree, BE is a four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering. The BE course is considered equivalent to a B.Tech degree. It is awarded in many branches of engineering by IITs, NITs, state, and central universities, and many other private institutions.
B.E: Course Highlights:
|Full-Form||Bachelors of Engineering|
|Eligibility (mandatory subjects)||Passed 12th with physics, chemistry, and mathematics|
|Fee||45,000 to 1 lakh per semester|
|Course Type||Classroom program/ Distance learning program|
|Starting Salary||15,000-30,000 per month|
|Similar Course||B.Sc (Bachelors of Science)|
|Employment||Corporate, Research, and Development|
What skills do a candidate need to get admitted to B.Tech/BE?
The first and fundamental measure to get admission into the BE, the candidate must hold a certificate of 10 + 2 from the science stream. Whereas, you also need to have some more skills to study either B.Tech or B.E. You can even develop these skills throughout your schooling. Here is the list of the basic skills you must have to take admitted in either B.Tech or BE:-
- Familiarity with the industry standards
- Application of the theoretical knowledge
- Creative thinking
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of computers or acquaintance with IT
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary subjects
- Knowledge of the core subjects
- Leadership skills
BE Entrance Exams:
Here you can see the names of the popular BE Entrance Exams below.
- Goa Common Entrance Test, (GCET)
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test, (GUJCET)
- Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test, (REPT)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, (GATE)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination, (UPSEE)
- Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination, (DUCEE)
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination, (BCECE)
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination, (IIT-JEE)
- All India Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Entrance Examination, (AIEEE)
Branches Of BE:
A student can pursue a BE degree in any of the following branches as per his/her interest. Here you can see the names of the branches of BE below.
- Civil Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Textiles Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Popular BE Colleges in India
Here you can see the names of popular BE colleges in India below.
- Indian School of Mines – Dhanbad
- Army Institute of Technology – Pune
- Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology – Varanasi
- Institute of Chemical Technology – Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science – Pilani
- International Institute of Information Technology – Hyderabad
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering – Pune
Some of the key entrance examinations are listed below.
- JEE Main – Joint Entrance Exam Main
- JEE Advanced – Joint Entrance Exam Advanced
- VITEEE – Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam
- BITSAT – Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- WBJEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
- IPU CET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- TS EAMCET – Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test
- UPSEE – Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam
- MHT CET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
- AP EAMCET – Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test
- KCET – Karnataka Common Entrance Test
- SRMJEEE – SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam
- TNEA – TamilNadu Engineering Admissions
Fee Structure Of B.E. Program:
- At Coimbatore Institute of Technology, the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering is Rs. 2.83 lakhs.
- At BITS (Goa), the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering is Rs. 16.73 lakhs.
- From Chitkara University (Himachal Pradesh), the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering is Rs. 5.60 lakhs.
- From the RNS Institute of Technology, the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering is Rs. 3.48 lakhs.
- At Dhole Patil College of Engineering, Pune, the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Automobile Engineering is Rs. Four lakhs.
- From CMS College of Engineering and Technology, the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Civil Engineering is Rs. 1.65 lakhs.
- From Chitkara University Institute of Engineering and Technology, the total fee for pursuing B.E. in Computer Science Engineering is Rs. 6.63 lakhs.