Harry potter does not need any introduction in any part of the world. It is one of the biggest movie universes in the world. The movie of this franchise gave us many movies, countless memories, and epic characters. These are larger-than-life characters. One such character is Astoria Greengrass Harry Potter movies. In this blog, we know about her.
Who is Astoria Greengrass?
Astoria Malfoy was a British pure-blood witch. Previously known as née Greengrass. She lived from c. 1982 – 2019 in the Harry Potter movie and book universe. The Greengrass family is a member of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, she was a crucial part of that family. In 1993, she enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She attended the school after the two years of her husband, Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy studied in the same class as her sister Daphne Greengrass. She married Draco after they completed their study at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Together they have a son named Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy. She died due to her blood curse during the summer of 2019.
- Born- Between 1 September 1981 and 31 August 1982 in Great Britain
- Died- August 2019 (aged 37)
- Blood status- Pure-blood
- Marital status- Married
- Nationality- British or Irish
- Species- Human
- Gender- Female
- Daphne Greengrass (sister)
- Draco Malfoy (widowed husband)
- Scorpius Malfoy (son)
- Lucius Malfoy (father-in-law)
- Narcissa Malfoy (mother-in-law)
- Unnamed ancestor
- Greengrass family
- Malfoy family
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Astoria Greengrass and Draco Malfoy’s marriage:
Astoria Greengrass and Draco Malfoy got married somewhere between 2000 and 2005. Draco Malfoy is two year senior at Astoria Greengrass. He was a classmate of her older sister, Daphne Greengrass. Draco Malfoy’s parents Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy do not approve of Draco’s choice to take her as a wife. But he chose her anyway and stood up to both of them.
Appearances of Astoria Greengrass:
- Astoria Malfoy in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance) (Identified only as Draco’s wife)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only) (First identified as Astoria Malfoy)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Mentioned in History of Magic classes)
Facts about the character:
- Astoria is played by Jade Olivia, in the epilogue scene of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. She was the real sweetheart of Draco’s Tom Felton at that point.
- Astoria is the main person in the epilogue Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger doesn’t have the foggiest idea, however, they know about Scorpius’ character and most likely likewise Astoria’s, regardless of whether they just allude to her as “Draco’s significant other.” In a school setting, a two-year hole is impressive, and since even her sister Daphne was scarcely fringe to their school days, they might not have known about her until she wedded Draco.
- Daphne was Sorted into Slytherin, however, it is obscure if Astoria was Sorted into Slytherin also.
- Astoria’s family name, Greengrass, could allude to the essential shade of Slytherin House (green) and the familiar expression, “a double-crosser,” as snakes are Slytherin’s image. This is amusing, as the expression alludes to a tricky and dishonest person, qualities that Astoria doesn’t have.
Comments are closed.